[Stolen from my LJ entry..]
I found euphoria last night and I miss it. I loved every ounce of that show and I shall attempt to explain it.
OPENING ACT: I've seen this guy before, his name is Eric Sardinas. He's a dobro player who is overly energetic and a blast to watch live:
- He parted the crowd and shredded like a madman
- The funniest crowd surfing attempts
- The most visual stunning tatoos
- Using a beer bottle as a slide, then dousing the guitar in alcohol, and setting it on fire
- The bassist looking like an "artsie" Mr. Zervas
- The drummer only used the bass drum to count the beat (i.e. 1-2-3-4 X 30 mins)
THE MAIN SHOW: I cannot describe the over-whelming sensations that circulated my confinements when the show began and my hero emerged. Especially when I was about ten feet away from him. Here's the layout:
- The fact that Tony MacAlpine, Billy Sheehan, Dave Weiner were up there
- Seeing that "Building The Church" is all finger tapped; I lost my balance
- All the classics were played: The Attitude Song, Fire Garden Suite, Answers, Sisters, Bad Horsie (with the glow-in-the-dark guitar), Boston Rain Melody, For The Love Of God
- New Stuff from Real Illusions
- Drummers life: 11 hours sleep > drinking > partying > gig > blowjobs here and there (priceless moment)
- Vai hating Britney Spears on his live at the Austori DVD and she became his neighbor the other day
- Applauses bringing tears to his eyes, and ours
Every ounce of that show brought me farther away from reality, which is nice now and again. It's safe to say, after seeing so many concerts in my life, that this was the best show I have ever been to. It also explains my elated state at the moment. Well here's some of the other stuff that went on...
- Met an extremely attractive girl who played guitar and loved Vai
- 6'3 Fat people squishing me
- So much beer... "swimming swimming in some crappy beer..."
- That girl...
- Vai's tour bus
After the musical ecstasy I made me realize that I'm nowhere near as good as Vai, the chances of finding a guitar girlfriend who loves Vai only exists in Montreal, and I want to be on a big stage again...
Current Mood: artistic
Current Music: Shove The Sun Aside by Dave Weiner